Sunday 22 December 2013

No more tacky Christmas

It’s finally 3 more days to my favourite holiday of the year, Christmas! I’m pretty sure many of you have been waiting for this day as well, where there are plenty of parties, celebrations, gatherings and feasts to attend!

But I know some of us might dread the thought of these events because we’ve got to deck ourselves in Christmas apparels. And that means we may risk looking like a Christmas tree or an ornament. Which is DEFINITELY not what anyone would want. Or if you’re someone like me and have never thought of touching Christmas colours because you feel they just look too tacky.


You’re in luck I’ve got some Christmas outfit ideas that will help picking out an outfit for these occasions much much easier!






Top: Editor’s Market, Skirt: Editor’s Market, Shoes: Taiwan, Necklace: Forever 21

This is probably a look I would go for, if I’m spending a night out with the girls. But hey who says there’s no need to look your best when you’re out with your girlfriends.

This outfit has just the right amount of colour for me, instead of something in bright red I opted for a burgundy suede top.

To add a little spice, I paired the top with a black pleather skirt, which instantaneously transforms the get up into a fun and adventurous look. As dark colours are able to tone down the brightness of striking colours, the skirt was used to darken the redness of the top leaving it to blend with the outfit.

I just picked a pair of plain black minimalist heels and a simple embellished necklace to end off the look. Creating a clean, simple and chic ensemble for a great night out. 









Top: New Look, Shorts: Flea, Flannel Shirt: Forever 21, Shoes: Dr. Martens


This is a look for those who aren’t up for a whole night in heels, or for those who are just out celebrating with a bunch of friends.

Nothing shouts out Christmas more to me than a sweater, so what’s a Christmas outfit without a sweater!

I chose a pair of black high-waisted shorts, which gives the sweater a less refine look and more of a playful appearance which would definitely suit a house party or an outing with a group of friends.

The top and shorts looked way too plain and subtle for the occasion, so I tied on a flannel shirt, which has colours that not only matched the sweater but also a mash of colours that remind me of Christmas. It gave the outfit that mix of texture and shape that was needed to pull the look together.


There my grungy yet spunky and comfortable outfit for any kind of fun is done!
 I just threw on my trusty Dr. Martens, and I’m all ready to partayeeeee!









Now who can say you’re not in the Christmas spirit anymore!



These looks are to be served as ideas and inspiration for your own kind of look. So go ahead and change the colours and pieces, take it up a notch! Don’t be afraid to share your own ideas here too!



Till next time, Merry Christmas!
xoxo, the fashionable bunny

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your style as well as your writing. You make it seem so fun and easy! Will be looking forward to more posts from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Aw thank you so much! I'm really glad you liked it! Haha and thank you for your support!!

      Delete
  2. Was feeling lost about what to wear during christmas and my friend recommended that I read your blog. It was a great help. Thanks. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I'm glad I am able to help! Haha and no thank you for your kind words!

      Delete