Monday 6 January 2014

$3.50 goodness: Kim San Leng's chicken rice in Bishan

Hey there! 

Chicken Rice is deemed one of the most popular dishes in Singapore, with hundreds of chicken rice stalls apparent at every turn.  

Many of my friends have been telling me about one of the best tasting chicken rice in Singapore, located at Kim San Leng Eating house. Being a huge Chicken Rice fan myself, I couldn't resist.

Ming kee chicken rice is well known for its unorthodox style of serving their chicken. When you first arrive at the stall, you’ll be able to see that the chicken aren't hanged up like any other normal chicken rice stall. Instead, they submerge their chicken into ice cold water, and only remove them when it’s time to chop and serve. 



The first thing I noticed was the SUPER long queue. It was a drag, but it made me even more curious of just how good the chicken rice actually was.


At first, it felt weird to be eating chicken which was so cold, but I cleared the entire plate of chicken in mere minutes. I could immediately tell why the chicken rice here was so popular. The meat was juicy, well cooked, and served generously. The rice was really fragrant, and it had a nice and fluffy feel.  I couldn’t help but crave for more after I was finished. 


Despite the tasty rice and chicken combo, there were the inevitable cons to my meal as well. Firstly, the condiments – the chilli was boring and rather bland, and no minced ginger was provided. The soup was the blandest thing I’ve ever tasted in my life. But hey, who expects Michelin star tasting soup when they have chicken rice anyway, right?

All in all, it was a tasty experience, and I recommended that all chicken-rice lovers out there to try it out! Here's the exact location:

Ming Kee Chicken Rice & Porridge (Bugis Street) 明记鸡饭粥 (Bishan)
Blk 511 Bishan Street 13
#01- 522 Kim San Leng Food Centre 
Opening Hours: Daily 10am to 930pm
                         Closed on alternate Tue



x, 
chubby bunny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment